Incorporating fashion elements
to crochet and knitwear.
Krochet Kisasa was a practical skills development workshop series on value addition to the craft of crochet and knitting through incorporation of fashion and design elements. Participants were able to:
- Learn fashion and design techniques like sketching, design creation and development
- Identify modern market gaps in terms of knitwear and create pieces in line with these gaps
- Produce value-added crochet and knitted outfits
- Exchange knowledge about craft and fashion materials (texture, colour, density) that complement each other and how to use them together
- Receive peer wellness support through shared experiences and personal stories